Arrival and departure
- How does it work if I arrive later?
The barrier opens by the license plate recognition, so you can drive to your place. You can enter the rental accommodation with a code; your reservation number followed by a #.
- The barrier or access code does not work. what to do?
Use in that case the intercom. This is possible until 22:00.
- Until what time can I arrive?
The reception is open daily from 09:00. On Fridays is the reception open the enire season until 19:30. Guests can arrive until 22:00. Do you want to arrive after 22:00? Please contact in that case the reception at: +31(0)118582820
- Until what time is the reception open?
The reception is open until 7:30 PM during the summer holidays, otherwise until 5:00 PM.
- What time is check-in and check-out?
- Campings: check-in 14:00, check-out 12:00
- Rental accommodation: check-in 16:00, check-out 10:00
- Hotel Lodges (Buiten Pekelinge): check-in 15:00, check-out 11:00
Cancel and adjust
- I have a booking and want to cancel it.
We hope this won't be necassary but if you decide to cancel the reservation, the following cancellation conditions apply:
Bookings 2021: (these are the Recron conditions)
- In case of cancellation more than three months before arrival: 15% of the rental price is due
- In case of cancellation within three to two months before arrival: 50% of the rental price is due
- In case of cancellation within two to one month before arrival: 75% of the rental price is due
- In case of cancellation within one month before arrival: 90% of the rental price is due
- In case of cancellation on the day of arrival: 100% of the rental price is due
- I would like to cancel but I don’t have any cancellation insurance. What do I do?
If you do not have a cancellation insurance, regular Recron cancellation terms apply.
- Is there a minimum stay?
The minimum stay is 3 nights in the rental accommodation.
- Which discount vouchers are accepted?
The ACSI card is not valid anymore at Camping De Pekelinge .
- Are the facilities at the camping publicly accessible?
The camping facilities, such as the swimming pool and the (indoor) playgrounds are only accessible for our guests and any of their possible visitors. The restaurant is, of course, publicly accessible.
- During which periods will an entertainment team be on site?
An entertainment team will be on site during all the regular Dutch school holidays and all weekends. Please visit our website for up to date information. You can also book your activities in advance via mijnpekelinge.nl/en/.
- Is it possible to rent bicycles?
We have a variety of bicycles available to rent at Campsite De Pekelinge. We would recommend booking these before your arrival via mijnpekelinge.nl/en/. Of course you can also book these once you have arrived, subject to stock.
- Is WiFi available on the campsite?
Yes, WiFi is available on the campsite. You can make free use of this without a code. Please note: the network isn’t suitable for business or professional use. The speed slows down considerably during peak periods.
- Are shower coins required?
No shower coins are required for using the showers in our sanitary buildings.
- Can I add a small extra tent on the pitch?
You can include an extra small tent on the pitches, measuring no more than 6 m2. Make sure you always contact reception first if you would like to add a second small extra tent.
- Can I bring my dog?
Your dog will be more than welcome during the early and late season (maximum of 2 dogs per pitch). Please make sure your dog is always kept on a lead, supervised and walked outside of the campsite. Dogs are not permitted on the campsite between 4th July and 22th August 2020. This includes any dogs which belong to any possible guests or visitors.
All accommodations are petfree.
- Can I use any pitch for my campervan?
No, we have special campervan pitches and you are therefore not permitted to park your campervan on our ordinary and luxury comfort pitches.
- How can the caravan be placed on the field?
We ask you to build your caravan with the long side towards the hedge, so that the fields have a cozy and open character for everyone.
- How does the deposit for my luxury comfort pitch work?
Please leave the pitches with private sanitary facilities clean and tidy upon departure. We ask for a deposit of €20,00 for the unit key. This needs to be paid in advance and will be returned to you in cash upon departure.
- How many people can stay on one pitch?
You can camp on 1 pitch with a maximum of 6 people. We may be able to make an exception to the rule for larger (extended) families. Please contact reception in advance to discuss the details.
- Is the campsite suitable for wheelchairs?
Both sanitary buildings have areas specifically suitable for disabled people. The facilities in the central building are wheelchair friendly.
- What kind of ground sheet can I use?
A closed ground sheet is generally not permitted. Nor is root canvas. There will always be a spot without grass, where your predecessor’s awning was positioned. We would ask you to position your awning as close to these same areas as possible. You could possibly use a closed ground sheet on the areas without grass. But only underneath the awning. This definitely isn’t permitted in the canopy or in other places. Please use the so-called tent carpet (with holes) for this purpose. This will ensure the families visiting after you will also be able to enjoy a beautiful pitch.
- Why are there pebbles on the camping pitches?
We have placed fine lava stones on our camping pitches. These provide stability and result in better drainage of rainwater.
- Why do you offer pallets for rent?
Pallets for use in your awning can be rented via reception. This will provide you with a smooth floor and means you won’t suffer from rising damp when there has been a great deal of rain. The pallets are closed at the top, providing you with a smooth floor in the awning. You can subsequently place your ground sheet on top of this. The pallets measure 1.20 meter x 1.00 meter and cost €0-10 per pallet per day. It’s always a good idea to book these before your arrival via mijnpekelinge.nl/en/, as the number of pallets is limited. The pallets will then be taken to your pitch, ready for your arrival.
- Are the different parts of the baby package available to book separately?
You also have the option of booking the high chair from the baby package separately and this would cost €2,- per night. The bath and cot are not available to rent separately.
- Can I add a small extra tent on the pitch?
You are only allowed to add a small extra tent when renting a (veranda) chalet after prior consultation. No small extra tent can be included with the Lodges, Delta Cabins and Caravans.
- Can we bring our dog along?
Dogs are not allowed in the rental accommodations. Dogs are also not allowed on the fields with rental accommodations and it is nog allowed for your guests to bring a dog.
Your dog will be more than welcome during the early and late season (maximum of 2 dogs per pitch). Please make sure your dog is always kept on a lead, supervised and walked outside of the campsite. Dogs are not permitted on the campsite between 10th July and 28th August 2021. This includes any dogs which belong to any possible guests or visitors.
- Is renting a linen package compulsory when renting accommodation?
No, this is not compulsory. You also have the option of bringing along your own linen. The inventory list will show you what type of bed linen is included in your rented accommodation. You can book the following items, if you would like an extra easy start to your holiday: towel package / kitchen towel package / sheet package. These items can easily be booked via mijnpekelinge.nl/en/ and they will subsequently be ready for you in your accommodation upon arrival.
- Is the final clean included if you rent accommodation?
Rented accommodation will always be made available to you completely clean. You can opt to do the final clean after your holiday yourself. We would ask you to ensure you leave your rented accommodation completely clean. This will subsequently be checked by one of the campsite employees. Of course you also have the option of having the final clean done by us. You can add the final clean to your booking for €50,- via mijnpekelinge.nl/en/. You can naturally also organise this via reception during your stay.
- Is the rented accommodation suitable for disabled people?
We would recommend contacting us by telephone to organise a reservation for accommodation intended for disabled guests, allowing us to book the most suitable type of accommodation for you. The facilities in the central building are wheelchair friendly.
- What does the baby bed contain?
A mattress is part of the baby bed, but no bed linen. Neither can be rented from us.
- What exactly does the kitchen towel package include?
The kitchen towel package consists of 1 hand towel and 1 tea towel.
- What exactly does the linen package include?
The linen package consists of 1 sheet, 1 duvet cover and 1 pillow case.
- What exactly does the towel package include?
The towel package consists of 1 small towel and 1 large towel.
- What if I have only forgotten my bottom sheet?
You have the option of just purchasing a bottom sheet from us. This will cost €3-50 (single) or € 7,- (double).
- When will my deposit be returned to me?
We ask for a €50,00 deposit for the rented accommodation. This needs to be paid in advance and will be returned to you within 2 weeks of your departure, once the rented accommodation has been checked. Don’t forget to let us have your IBAN number, so we can transfer the deposit back to you.
- Which mattresses are available in the rental accommodations?
All rented accommodation includes single mattresses of 80 cm in width. With the exception of the 4-persons lodge, which includes a double bed with a 1.40 m wide mattress in the parents’ bedroom. Duvets are also available in all rented accommodation. You have the option of booking a bedlinen package, if so required.
- Would a cot fit in the rented accommodation and if so, where exactly?
You can find the layout of the different types of accommodation on our website. Below you will find information regarding where a cot could possibly be positioned:
- 4 person lodge: Next to the bunk bed in the children’s bedroom (underneath the cabin bed)
- 6 person lodge: The 2 single beds can be placed on top of each other in the children’s bedroom. This will then create space for the cot next to the bed. However, please do bear in mind that you will no longer be able to use two sleeping spaces
- Delta cabin: The 2 single beds can be placed on top of each other in the children’s bedroom. This will then create space for the cot next to the bed. However, please do bear in mind that you will no longer be able to use two sleeping spaces
- (Veranda) Chalets: Next to the bunk bed in the children’s bedroom (underneath the cabin bed).
- How long and for what is the credit valid?
The credit you have with us is valid for a booking made in that year or for a booking made in 2021. You can use the credit for overnight stays and for extras that can be added to the booking, such as cleaning costs, bed linen, etc. The credit is not valid for restaurant, supermarket and bicycle rental.
- If we stay 1.5 meters apart, can I still have a BBQ with another family on the field?
Visitors are allowed at this time. But we ask you to really keep your distance from each other. Visitors are allowed to stay if you take 1.5 meters into account.
- When can I make use of my voucher?
Until July 1, many vouchers have been distributed in connection with the need to cancel bookings due to the Coronavirus. De Pekelinge voucher could only be exchanged at Camping De Pekelinge for a booking in 2020 or 2021. The vouchers were paid out at the end of November if they had not been redeemed.
- Are barbecues permitted?
You are only allowed to barbecue on our fields if you do not cause any nuisance to your neighbours. Open fires are not permitted.
- Are young people allowed to stay at the camping?
Young people travelling alone are not allowed to stay at Camping De Pekelinge. We also won't allow groups of adults, in order to avoid any nuisance to other guests. The same also applies to children who want to make use of a caravan or chalet without their parents being present.
- Is the camping accessible via public transport too?
The nearest train station to Oostkapelle is Station Middelburg. From this station you will need to take bus 52 towards Domburg Singel. You need to get off the bus at the Molenweg Oostkapelle stop, which is the stop following Grijpskerke. You’ll find this next to the Pannenkoekenbakker (Pancake House) on the junction with the Oude Domburgseweg. The walk to the campsite at the Landmetersweg is just over 1 km from this bus stop. This will take approximately fifteen minutes.
- I will be welcoming guests. Do I need to register this?
Any visitors coming along for the day can leave their car in the visitors’ car park. They can park here for free for the first 2 hours. The parking costs will be a maximum of €4,50 per day (until 23:00 hours) if they are staying for more than 2 hours. Your guests can use all of the campsite’s facilities, with the exception of the swimming pool. Swimming pool wrist straps can be purchased from reception (€3,- p.p. per day), should your guests wish to use the swimming pool. Any visitors staying overnight always have to be registered at reception. The costs per person for an overnight stay are €6,05 p.p. per night and €4,50 for the car per night. Please note: no more than 6 people can spend the night on one pitch.
- We will be arriving with a 2nd car. Where can I park this?
A possible second car can also be parked at the campsite free of charge. You can inform us of the details at reception. Any guests spending the night with you who don’t form part of your family will need to pay a visitors’ fee per night and can subsequently also park at the campsite. Please provide us with details of any such visitors at reception. Any guests not spending the night can use the visitors’ car park.
- Where can I leave my trailer?
Please leave any trailer you are bringing along with you at your pitch or in the visitors’ car park.
- Where can I park my car?
You can park your car at the campsite. There are various different car parks at the campsite. The fields must be kept car-free. The campsite works with a registration identification system. You can enter your registration number before you arrive via mijnpekelinge/en/.
- Which target group is our campsite aimed at?
Children up to 14 years old will have a fantastic time at Camping De Pekelinge. There is a swimming pool, various playgrounds (both indoors and outdoors), a kids club, a petting zoo, a theatre and many different activities are organised. Many of the outdoor activities are specifically aimed at children from 8 years old.